Rules for A Healthy Lifestyle
Get in Shape To Do List
Lose Fat, Gain Muscle
this is a writing in progress and is subject to change
Jack Lalanne: "The only way to hurt your body is DON'T use it. Inactivity, that is the killer. And if man makes it don't eat it. Cakes, pies, candy, ice cream, soda pop, if it tastes good spit it out. Exercise is king, nutrition is queen, put em together, you got a kingdom."
YouTube video title: Jack Lalanne Interview Host John Macready
accessed September 2010
• eat a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables every day
• get aerobic exercise every day
• workout with weights every day to every other day
• always maintain good posture
• cut out the fat in foods
• cut out the sugar in foods
• cut out the salt
• don't drink coffee / caffeine
• don't do drugs
• don't consume alcohol
• don't smoke
• don't live a sedentary lifestyle, be active in life
• don't take medication / pills
• get sufficient protein
• get sufficient vitamins and minerals
• stretch and rotate joints every day
• eat natural organic foods, stay away from genetically modified foods
• avoid man-made chemicals in food like aspartame and other sugar substitutes
• get enough sleep each day
• stop the junk food
– cut out white flour
– cut out white sugar
– cut out artificial sweeteners
– cut way back on junk foods, eat very seldom, if at all
– cut out pop, chips, snack foods, cakes, cookies, brownies, ice cream, candy, etc.
– cut way back on salt
– cut out coffee
– get cardiovascular exercise 1/2 hour every day, even walking
– stop sitting so much
– stand more
– stand up straight
– suck in your stomach
– stretch all of your body parts
– consume more protein
– get a regular amount of sleep each night
eat a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables every day
Fruits and veggies have your vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, and etc...
Get the magic bullet throw a bunch of fruits and vegetables in there blend em up drink it. or get jack lalanne power juicer whatever. makes it easy to ingest. them. for better taste when having vegetables, throw in frutis to blend with them like bananas, strawberries, etc.
get aerobic exercise every day
good for heart, blood flow, help arteries not get clogged, so reduce likelihood of stroke, heart failure, etc.
good for everything really, muscles, joints...
at very least walk 1/2 hour every day, it's the least you can do
workout with weights every day to every other day
good to build strength, build muscles, strengthen ligaments/tendons, etc...
always maintain good posture
continuous, prolonged bad posture will mean back problems down the road
sit up straight, stand up straight
cut out the fat in foods
fat is bad for arteries, thus bad for heart.
cut out the sugar in foods
cut out the salt
don't drink coffee / caffeine
don't do drugs
don't consume alcohol
bad for liver
don't live a sedentary lifestyle, be active in life
don't take medication / pills
try to stay away from unless absolutely necessary
lots of medications have side effects that can result in even more problems which then means more medication and more money and etc...
get sufficient protein
good for muscle growth
get sufficient vitamins and minerals
which are in fruits and vegetables
stretch and rotate joints every day
so that your joints won't get stiff, you won't stiffen up
to help ward off arthritis and related problems
eat natural organic foods, stay away from genetically modified foods
genetically modified foods will have less health benefit than natural foods, because they take away from, not add to, the nutritional content of the foods. or, they alter them in such a way that may result in adverse unnatural effects in the body such as in the digestive system - problems associated with the digestive system (stomach, intestines, liver, kidneys, bladder, etc.)
avoid man-made chemicals in food like aspartame and other sugar substitutes
man made chemicals will mess you up, in the long run of course. so then you'll be dependent on medications later on.
get enough sleep each day
sleep is crucial to being alert but also for body function and rythem.
stop the junk food
junk food will mess you up and turn you into a crappy flabby.